Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Short HR Update


I spent a few agonizing minutes last Friday to test my MHR on the bike. It was not the warmest of days so unlike last year, I did the test on the trainer. It was loud enough to be heard the next county over, but I think it gave me a good read:

That big spike is 152 bpm which is only 2 bpm below last year’s results. That sounds about right to me.

A year ago, I also did a test to estimate my MHR in the pool. Absent any real testing equipment such as a Finis Aquapulse I’m going to stick with last year’s number. In truth, I don’t really pay too much attention to HR in the pool. I’ll swim easier while I build a base.

Right now, in addition to just getting in the long workouts, I’m also working on my flip turns. At the moment, they are more like somersault turns but maybe that will improve.

For now, I’m happy to be doing just some basic workouts with no pressure for an upcoming race.

Thanks for reading and have a upcoming weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment