Thursday, March 21, 2013

Travel Fail!


I'm not a road warrior. While I used to travel for work maybe three or four times a year, in recent year that has dwindled to really just annually. Not that I'm complaining, but it's clear that I don't have a good plan for training, eating right and otherwise being prepared when on the road.

I arrived here in Phoenix early on Wednesday morning and despite a little sleep and a 4:00 am wake time, I finished my work day, checked into my hotel and was ready to do an easy run.

I put on my shirt, shorts and socks only to discover that I forgot to pack my running shoes. Even if I were not recovering from an injury, there is just no way I'd run bare foot.

This afternoon, I thought about taking a swim, but the pool here at the Biltmore is more suited for play than exercise. I probably could have treated it like an open water swim, but with kids splashing around it just seemed like it would be more trouble than it's worth.

To top it off, I've enjoyed dinners from the California Pizza Kitchen and the Cheesecake Factory which are convenient but not especially healthy.

There's a pretty good chance I'll be back down here in May. If so, I'll be more careful about my packing. For now, I'm just going to enjoy the rest and nice weather before heading back to the cold tomorrow.

Have a great upcoming weekend and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment