Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Run in Göteborg

This is only my fourth trip to Europe but I am noticing a trend of waking up early on my first morning. Today was no different. Despite having been out late for dinner (like 11 pm late) and having washed said dinner down with a couple of pints of beer.

Nevertheless I was awake  before 6:00 and up and running well before 7:00.

Not unusually for this part of the world, the morning was overcast and cool. In other words, pretty ideal running weather. My course took me away from the waterfront area where we are staying and into more of the town.

This area is not mountainous, but it is very hilly. As a result, I was running upwards after my first mile. Regrettably, this re-aggravated my right IT band injury and my pace was slowed. Despite that, I had an enjoyable time. Here are a few shots from the morning:












Given both the sore leg and the fact that I am on vacation, I'll be taking the next few days off. Th next post should be from Spain.

Until then, thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment