Wednesday, April 18, 2012

2012 Goals Update #1


I’m in the sixth week of my plan that culminates (though actually does not end) on week 20. That being the case, I’ve had enough time pass to gather a few data points on my goals. Since it is so early, the data are, well….a little choppy still.

The best news is in the water where I feel I’m swimming as well as I have in my entire life:


Biking is going well, but there are a lot of trainer rides in there as well so that does not really give an apples to apples comparison. I need a power meter but one expensive piece of equipment at a time.



And running is all over the place due to a short run I had last week to make sure my new shoes were going to be okay. I’m running in a pair of Nikes for the first time in years.

  
So for the three disciplines of triathlon, I’m fairly pleased though cautiously so. It’s going to be interesting when I start doing things like interval runs on the track and bike rides in excess of 50 miles (to say nothing of riding on a new bike). Unfortunately, my main spot for open water swimming is not going to be available until May 19 and I have other plans that day so my first swim will actually be an event. I’m really hoping that I’ll see those faster times once I’m in the wetsuit.

The season is getting close! I’m excited about it! More on that in the next post.

Thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment