Monday, February 11, 2013

Does This Thing Work??

My IT band problem seems to come and go depending on the day. Most days I wake up with it's a little stiff and sore but as I move around it loosens up and I'm fine. That said, there are other times when it really hurts and I went around.

Running has been suspended for over a week now and I'd like to think I'm making progress toward healing, but I really can't say for sure. With that in mind,I wondered about some kind of implement to hold my knee steady.

A perusal of the reviews on Amazon seem to indicate that folks using a strap support their IT band were seeing a lot of success. One person noted that it looked about as useful as a magnetic bracelet but in fact made a difference. Indeed,they were many stories similar to my own.

I decided it was worth an investment of $15.95 to see if I don't get some benefit when I resume running in another week or two.

In the meantime I continue to spend a lot of time on the bike--nearly 70 miles over 4 hours last week--and will spend even more this week. Hopefully it's keeping my cardiovascular conditioning stable. I guess the real test of that will be when I start doing long runs again!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment