Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Christmas Day Run - 2013

Three years ago I decided that I would go running on Christmas Day. I wanted (needed) time out on my own away from a condo crowded with relatives. So in the early afternoon I headed south along that Florida beach for five miles. At the end of that run, I thought, "I should do this every Christmas."

Three years later, it has become my annual tradition.

Yesterday morning, despite a strong desire to stay in bed, I got up and ran for 30 minutes around my in-laws' neighborhood. Having done my last run in the cold dark of Colorado, it was nice to be in shorts in a t-shirt.

Here's a couple of highlights:



There's more running and hopefully an outdoor pool swim here before I head back into winter. Until then, thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment