Friday, February 25, 2011

Race Updates

My 2011 season is about to kick off.

I'm running the Pueblo Chieftain Spring Runoff. This one is a little bit sentimental for me. The last time I ran it, I was training for the 2006 Rock and Roll Marathon. At the time, a 10 mile run was kind of an easy day for me. Now...well I'll be challenging myself to do a 10K. Still, it's a nice course with a fairly small crowd which makes for a more enjoyable race.

I've also committed to running the Greeley Triathlon. It's shorter than most sprints--500m swim, 10 mile bike, and a 5k so it ought to be fun to go a little harder in those first two events. What's more, my parents live just a few miles from the start so it will mean more rack time and less time on the road.

Training has been more difficult this week due mainly to some minor injuries. The surgery site on my right foot has been bothering me and both knees have been complaining about the running miles. Fortunately, ice seems to be keeping the problems at bay.

Hopefully a couple of days off from running will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment