Friday, February 18, 2011

Taking The Ride...Outside

To say that the weather has been harsh since the first of the year is to put it mildly. After the return from sunny and warm Southern California, the thermometer took another plunge.

I started my weekly two-a-days a week ago Wednesday. On my way to the rec center, the temperature was all the way down to negative 12. Sure we have real winters in Colorado, but that's pretty ridiculous. It's Colorado, not Minnesota....or Canada!

But since it is Colorado, that mean the weather had improved to the 60's by the weekend. So on Sunday, I got to take my first outdoor ride since early January:




Considering all of the snow-fall, I was not too surprised to find the trail to be a little sloppy. The bike was kind of a mess afterward, but a few sprays from my water bottle and fast dry in the warm sun cleaned it up.

The nice weather continued on to Tuesday so I was able to do the ride again. It was a little cooler, but still pretty nice.

Since then it's been back in the pool and back on my feet. The run portion of my two-a-day a couple of days ago was a little rough. Despite being only a three mile run, I felt pretty winded. Today's six mile felt much better.

_______________________

While I'm not seeing bike-riding weather on the horizon, tomorrow might be the day I upgrade the bike. It depends on a number of factors, not the least of which is whether or not the LBS has the model I want in a frame that fits me. Considering that, tomorrow might not be the day....but maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment