Wednesday, July 13, 2011

8 Mile

I had to go with that title for this blog. I've also been listening to Lose Yourself on my iPod when I run. That, however, is about where the similarity between Eminem and me ends.

Given yesterday's forced rest resulting from yesterday's cancellation of the Aquaman swim, I had been enjoying three days off from aerobic activity. That was no doubt a contributing factor in the success of today's run.

I'm not a big fan of running in the rain but I do enjoy the cool it provides. So it would have been better to have yesterday's weather today. Not the case, however. It was warm and worse, it was really, unusually humid again. Given those factors, I brought my CamelBak along this time and was glad to have sips of cold water at my disposal.

I took it slow and steady tonight but I think that helped me stay relaxed the whole time and finish the full distance without visions on quiting early dancing in my head. The real test will be tomorrow when I go for a long ride. We'll see how my recovery went.

No comments:

Post a Comment