Thursday, July 14, 2011

Who'll Stop The Rain?

Bad news/good news story today. The bad: another afternoon of heavy rain and severe weather alerts. The good: I got my 45 mile ride in all the same. However, that ride was indoors on the trainer. On the plus side of that, I was able to watch the Tour de France while I did. Kind of cool watching those shots of the riders going over the summit. On a big screen T.V. it almost felt like I was riding along with them. Fortunately, I didn't have to climb those mountains.

Doing a ride outdoors where you have to deal with hills, wind, curves, an so on is definitely my preferred method of training. However, the weather hear in Colorado, especially in the afternoon, has been horrible. It's either ride out in the storms (including lightning--uh, no thanks) or take it inside.

I really need to get my swim in tomorrow so I am keeping my fingers crossed for a break tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment