Wednesday, December 22, 2010

St. Augustine

Much as I thought, no post last night. It was about 1:30 am by the time we arrived here last night. Needless to say, posting to my blog was the last thing on my mind.

This morning, I woke to mostly sunny skies and a headed for a high of 70 degrees. A slight breeze was blowing on the beach, but nothing too annoying.

 As you can see, these birds were enjoying the beach as much as I was.

Funny thing about northern Florida beaches, they're not soft and squishy like what you might find on the west coast. In fact, my bare feet started to get a little sore standing on it after a while. That said, I think it will make for good running conditions tomorrow. On top of that is the sea level altitude which ought to feel like I;m drinking air compared to the 6000+ feet that I'm used to.


Despite rolling up and then hiking up my jeans...I still managed to get them wet when I waded into the water. By the way, no swimming. Local reports say the temp is around 52 degrees.

Not much else to say tonight. I ought to have a training report tomorrow. Until then...


No comments:

Post a Comment