Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kicking it up a Notch

With yesterday's rest behind me, I got back at it today. A 25 mile ride on the trainer was preceded by about 30 minutes of strength training.

I was not unhappy with my performance on Sunday, but I'm also coming away with some clear areas for improvement.

First, endurance needs to improve. There was not much left in the tank as I finished the second run and that's fine for now. However, I need to go a lot longer, and harder. Not saying I need anything in the tank when I finish the Oly in July, but I currently don't have the stamina to even finish it.

I also hope to hone my technique a little more. Transitions went well but it was undoubtedly easier without a wetsuit to remove. I also need to be more diligent about hydration before the race. I could have used more.

So tomorrow I'm up early to hit the pool and then it's a four mile run in the afternoon.

The challenge before me is pretty daunting--but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment